After closing last year’s meetings with heated debates on the 2012 election and opening the 2013 session with a flurry of welcomes and awards, it’s back to business as usual during Thursday’s county commission meeting.
On the agenda are numerous budget items, including:
• Discussion and vote to approve the county’s fiscal year 2011 to 2012 financial and compliance audit report. The report was compiled by an independent public accountant;
• Discussion and vote to approve a bid for professional consulting services to aid the county detention center in completing performance-based accreditation and auditing. The county received only one bid, from PRE-OFDT Certification Services LLC. The contract would be for $65,000;
• Discussion and vote to approve a bid by Diamond Pharmacy Services for pharmaceutical services and supplies for inmates at the county detention center;
• Vote on whether to decrease the detention center budget by more than $1.3 million; and
• Vote on whether to increase the public works mechanics budget by $24,440 to reflect funding from the New Mexico Association of Counties.
Also on the agenda are three grants for the county DWI Prevention Program:
• The commission will vote on approving a resolution allowing a grant application to be made to the New Mexico Department of Finance and Administration for $150,000 to go to the alcohol detoxification program; and
• Another New Mexico Department of Finance and Administration grant request for $295,000 called the DWI Local;
• and a distribution grant that comes from the liquor excise tax for $484,965. The last two grants have provided the primary funding for DWI Program for the last eight years.
The commission will also hear a legislative update from the county’s lobbyist.
The county commission meeting is Thursday at 6 p.m. at 1500 Idalia Road in Bernalillo.